- Increase the reading habit in rural secondary school students
- To keep regional languages alive
- Install 94,000 Gyan-key library hangers in rural secondary schools across tomorrow’s India.
Highlights of Gyan-key library hanger initiative
- This is the world’s largest rural reading initiative.
- Gyan-key library hangers are installed in rural secondary schools in India with the help of Non-Resident Villagers (NRV)
- 3 Gyan-key library hangers are installed every working day
- 5,170 Gyan-key library hangers (Maharashtra – 4,750, Karnataka – 67, Telangana – 148, Andhra Pradesh – 49, Madhya Pradesh – 21, Tamil nadu – 1, Jharkhand – 1 & Rajasthan – 139) were set up in rural secondary schools in 1,840 working days benefiting 10,19,200 (1 million+) students across 7 states
- Till date 41 programs and contests were successfully conducted for Gyan-key school students, teachers & Principals, which saw the participation of 2,38,000 rural students
- Till date, we have received 1,93,000 postcards and donors have 1,66,000 capturing the students’ responses on books they have read. (you can see this communication in our office)
- Till date 10,12,900 books, worth Rs.4,63,00,000/- (46 million+) have been distributed.
- This is one of the most effective ways to keep regional languages alive.